Friday, December 23, 2011

Independent Reading Journal #1

                I chose to read the book Gym Candy, by Carl Deuker. When I first picked this book, I didn’t want to read it. I grabbed it because it was one of the books in the library that had a sports sticker on it that I haven’t read before.  I planned on returning it the next day, because I had another book in mind.  Once we got to class though and I started reading, I actually liked it.
                The book is about a boy, Mick, who has a passion for football. His father played college football and also made it to the NFL.  He is the one who created Mick’s love for the game, teaching him the fundamentals he needs to know to be a great athlete starting at a young age.  He is constantly pushing Mick to work hard and to do his best. He wants him to have dreams for himself.  Carl Dueker does a good job so far of keeping the reader interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment